Pacific Hills is located on nine hectares, 35 kilometres north west of the Sydney GPO. The School is situated in a semi-rural environment in Dural, surrounded by private acreage and bushland reserve, with a National Park close by.
Hills Bus - services most suburbs in proximity to the School
Transdev - services the North Shore of Sydney and connects with Hills Bus at Pennant Hills Station
Busways - operates in parts of Western Sydney, Windsor, the Hawkesbury and wider Blacktown area, Quakers Hill, Parklea, Glenwood, Stanhope Gardens and Bella Vista connecting with Hills Bus in Castle Hill
Pennant Hills Station - connecting with Hills Bus
Castle Hill Station - anticipated opening in 2019
Traffic Management Plan
The high volume of traffic in the school grounds in the morning and afternoon makes it necessary to have a Traffic Management Plan (TMP) to enable a smooth and safe operation of traffic in the school. We request that when collecting students from the school that all drivers adhere to our TMP. Should family or friends assist with transporting your children to and from school, please ask that they follow our requirements. Please also refer to the map below.
Time of Day:
- Proceed slowly into the grounds from the first entry gate.
- Speed limit is 10kph.
- Only use the designated Kiss & Drop Zone (outside the Administration building) for your children to get out of the car. No drop off/pick up is allowed near the Performing Arts Centre.
- Ensure your children are organised and ready to leave your car.
- Do not jump the queue. Remain in the left lane until you reach the Kiss & Drop Zone.
- Move to the furthest possible Kiss & Drop bay available.
- Parents are to remain inside their vehicle. Should children require assistance by parents to alight their vehicle, parents must park in the parking areas and walk your child to their location.
- Children in child restraint seats should be taught (if possible) how to undo their seat belt when they stop in the Kiss & Drop area.
- Bags should be inside the car (if possible) to avoid delays of opening and closing the boot.
- Children to exit from the left side of vehicle only.
- Staff and students on duty are there to assist your child with exiting your vehicle. Staff control the Kiss & Drop Zone.
- Drop off all children at the one time. Junior School students are capable of walking an extra 20 metres to Junior School.
- Move off slowly once children are safely on the footpath. Check for other vehicles!
- No texting or using hand held car phones when driving.
- Be alert at all times for pedestrians.
When traffic in the school grounds waiting to collect students has reached the point marked * (see map), all traffic will be required to proceed slowly (10kph) through the western carpark, down the ramp, through the underground level to rejoin the western carpark and the queue of vehicles to collect students in front of the Main Administration building.
Once the peak period has finished, traffic will be permitted to resume the normal flow within the school grounds.
Please avoid arriving earlier than the 2.42pm finish time to collect Junior School students.
Middle and Senior School
Collection of students commences at 3pm in front of the Administration building. Parents may not park in Kiss & Drop and wait for Middle or Senior School students. You must exit the school and re enter at the first entrance gate, if you arrive early.
Please do not drop off or collect students outside the Performing Arts Centre or while in the Kiss and Drop queue but wait until you are in the Kiss and Drop Zone outside the Administration building. Please do not double park and do not use the Bus Bay to drop off or collect students.
This TMP will allow traffic to proceed safely along Quarry Road, ensuring good relations with our neighbours.
Designated Visitor parking spaces are located in front of the Administration building. Please do not park in these spaces during Kiss and Drop times to collect your child. Parking for Prep parents with toddlers is located near the Junior School building. Disabled parking spaces are available in different areas of the school carparks. Please respect our parents/visitors who need to use these spaces.
If you need to walk with your child to a particular area or visit the office, please park in the designated areas within the School. The western carpark usually has plenty of spaces available.