Pacific Hills is a well established school accredited with the New South Wales Board of Studies to present candidates for the NSW Higher School Certificate. The School also has current CRICOS registration (CRICOS No. 02340G) and complies with the Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) Act 2000 and the National Code 2007.
Pacific Hills Christian School values the contribution that international students make to the School Community.
Please contact the Director of Enrolments should you require information or assistance regarding enrolment at Pacific Hills.
International Students Enrolment Process
Step 1: Application
Applications for enrolment can be made by completing the online application form. Alternatively, application forms can be obtained from:
Director of Enrolments
Ph: 02 9651 0700
Completed Enrolment forms should be submitted to the school together with certified copies of the student's:
- Birth certificate (with translation)
- Three most recent academic reports (with translation)
- A completed reference form from your pastor or a business person (link to reference form)
- Evidence of English Proficiency equivalent to IELTS Level 5 (16 years and over) *
- Full details of Guardian and Homestay arrangements
- Proof the $190 non refundable application fee has been paid
* Students under 16 years to provide a comprehensive report from the Australian Education Assessment Services Enrolment may only proceed conditional on any English language requirements being met. Pacific Hills Christian School does not provide English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students (ELICOS).
Step 2: Interview
Once the enrolment application has been processed the Director of Enrolments will contact you to set up a suitable time for an interview which could be in the form of a Skype or telephone interview or a personal interview at the School.
Step 3: Offer
You will be notified of the result of your application. If successful, an offer will be made. The offer is valid for two weeks.
Step 4: Acceptance of Offer
A place is secured once the signed Acceptance of Offer and overseas student contact has been returned together with proof of payment of the $1500 non-refundable enrolment fee.
Step 5: Prepaid Tuition Fees and OSHC Paid
Provide proof that the required prepaid tuition fee has been paid to the School and that Overseas Student Health Cover is paid.
Step 6: Issue of the Confirmation of Enrolment
The School will issue a Confirmation of Enrolment Certificate upon receipt of all payments (6 months tuition fee and overseas student health cover fee) and return of required paperwork. Where applicable, welfare approval will be processed. These documents are required when applying for a Student Visa to study in Australia.
Step 7: Commencement
You will be notified of Orientation Day and commencement dates. On your arrival you will be introduced to the Overseas Student Liaison Officer who will monitor your general welfare and provide you with on-going support.
Families may choose to engage the services of an Educational Agent.
Pacific Hills Christian School makes use of the following Education Agent:
Grace Education Services International Pty Ltd
Daniel Wong (Director) QAEC No. C061
This section has been designed to provide international students and their families with information about the enrolment process at Pacific Hills. It is recommended that families familiarise themselves with as much of the relevant information as possible prior to arriving in Australia.
- Only enrol students who are entering Australia on a 500 student visa
Pacific Hills Christian School is registered to provide the following three courses to overseas students:
|Course Code||Course Name||Course Level|
|041920J||Primary (Kindergarten to Year 6)||Primary School Studies|
|041921G||Junior Secondary (Years 7 to 10)||Junior Secondary Studies|
|041922G||Senior Secondary (Years 11 and 12)||Senior Secondary Certificate of Education|
Only enrol students into age appropriate courses namely:
- Age 12/13 into Year 7
- Age 15/16 into Year 9
- Age 16/17 into Year 11
Conditions of Enrolment:
On-going enrolment is conditional on:
- Satisfactory attendance
- Satisfactory course progress
- Adherence with school policies: behaviour and discipline
- Maintenance of currency in regard to payment of tuition fees
Deferment, Suspension, Cancellation
Once enrolment of a student is confirmed Pacific Hills assumes that a binding agreement has been made with the enrolling family and that enrolment and course completion will proceed as mandated by course and visa requirements.
- Deferring/Suspending – granted for compassionate and compelling circumstances
- Cancellation will occur under the following conditions:
- Failure to pay course fees
- Failure to maintain approved welfare and accommodation arrangements (visa condition 8532)
- Any behaviour identified as resulting in cancellation in Pacific Hills Christian School's behaviour policy/code of conduct.
Accommodation and Welfare Arrangements:
Where students are under the age of 18 and are not being cared for in Australia by a parent or suitable nominated relative, Pacific Hills accepts the following accommodation options:
- Student to live with a guardian appointed by the parents
- Student to live with a homestay parent approved by the School, who may or may not be the guardian
A guardian is a relative who is:
- Nominated in writing by the parents
- A resident of NSW
- 21 years of age or over
- Able to remain in Australia until the student has completed their course of study
- Able to provide proof of relationship to the student
- Able to obtain an Australian Federal Police clearance
A homestay parent:
- Is an individual who provides accommodation and welfare in exchange for monetary remuneration
- Must be approved by the registered provider
- Must be of good character and undergo a 'Working with Children Check'
- Must agree to visits from the Director of Enrolments and Overseas Student Enrolment Officer
- It is the responsibility of the family to find a suitable homestay provider based on approval by the registered provider.
Any change in accommodation or guardianship must be approved by the Registered Provider.